Hong Kong Cricket Association
The Hong Kong selectors have today named a squad of 15 players to travel to Australia during October 2013 as preparation for the upcoming ICC World Cup Qualifying events in UAE (November 2013) and New Zealand (January 2014). The Australian tour kicks off a busy 6 months for the National Squad.
The 15-man Hong Kong team is:
- James Atkinson (Captain) (WK)
- Waqas Barkat (Vice Captain)
- Tanwir Afzal
- Irfan Ahmed
- Nadeem Ahmed
- Skhawat Ali
- Hasseb Amjad
- Mark Chapman
- Moner Ahmed
- Babar Hayat
- Mudassar Hussain
- Aizaz Khan
- Nizakat Khan
- Roy Lamsam
- Adil Mehmood.
As Mark Chapman is unavailable to go to Australia, only 14 players will travel from Hong Kong.
The tour has been put together with great support from Cricket NSW, who have kindly offered the opportunity for Hong Kong to play some games against the NSW 2nd XI, the NSW U19s and other NSW Development teams in a mix of 50-over and T20 matches.
“To have the opportunity to play against quality opposition on a similar surface and ground dimensions to what we will face at the ICC tournaments will go a long way to ensuring the team is as well prepared as possible for those two huge events,” said national Coach, Charlie Burke.
“Cricket NSW have been outstanding in there kind support of us and have welcomed us with open arms. Associate cricket needs the support of associations such as Cricket NSW and we are very appreciative of this,” he added.
Cricket NSW tour itinerary:
- Tuesday, 8th October 2013 – Training
- Wednesday, 9th October 2013 – Match v NSW U19 (50 overs)
- Thursday, 10th October 2013 – Academy XI (50 overs)
- Friday, 11th October 2013- Match v NSW 2nd XI (T20)
- Saturday, 12th October 2013 – Rest Day
- Sunday, 13th October 2013 – Training & attend Ryobi Cup game NSW v QLD at North Sydney Oval
- Monday 14th October 2013 – NSW Development team – 2 x T20
- Tuesday 15th October 2013 – NSW Development team – 1 x T20