Kathmandu- A brilliant decorated innings from Siddhant Lohani inspired Nepal Police Club (NPC) to lift the inaugural of 1st Ruslan Cup 2072 defeating Tribhuwan Army Club (TAC) by 3 wickets in the final played at Tribhuwan Cricket Ground, Kirtipur on Saturday.
Lohani’s 47 runs from 20 balls helped Police Club chase a target 131 runs set by Army Club in 19.3 overs. His innings included one four and five sixes.
Lohani came to bat when Police Club were struggling at 71 for 7. He then took the game away from Army Club with an unbeaten partnership of 62 runs with Yogendra Karki to guide their team to an unprecedented victory. Karki, who provided a good support to Lohani, scored 15* off 10 balls with two fours.
- Winner Prize: NRs. 2,00,000 Cash Prize/Trophy/Certificates/Medals
- Runner Up Prize : NRs. 1,00,000 Cash Prize/Trophy/Certificates/Medals
- Best Bowler: Manjeet Shrestha (NPC) Trophy/ 8000 Cash Prize
- Best Batsman: Sunil Dhamala (NPC) Trophy/ 8000 Cash Prize
- Player of the Tournament: Sagar Pun (TAC) Trophy/10000 Cash Prize
- Most Sixes: Siddhanth Lohani (NPC) Trophy/1000 Cash Prize
- Fastest 50: Subash Khakurel (APF) Trophy/1000 Cash Prize
- Babaal Catch: Binod Bhandari (TAC) Trophy/1000 Cash Prize
Winning the toss, Army Club decided to bat first. Contributions from Anil Mandal (32 runs off 40 balls), Sharad Vesawkar (23 runs off 12 balls) and Sompal Kami (20 runs off 10 balls) helped them post 130 for 9 in 20 overs.
Dipendra Airee grabbed four wickets and Manjeet Shrestha took two wickets for NPC.
Police Club pocketed a cash prize of NRs. 2,00,000 while the runner-up TAC grabbed NRs. 1,00,000. Manjeeet Shrestha from Police Club was declared the best bowler for his 11 wickets, Sunil Dhamala from the same team got the award for best batsman for his 112 runs and Man of the final, Siddhant Lohani got the award for most sixes.