Kathmandu – In the other match played today Armed Police Force defeated Pokhara by massive 287 runs, the biggest margin in National Women’s Cricket so far.
Winning the toss and batting first APF posted 339/4 in 40 overs.
Neera Rajopadhaya became the fourth woman to score a century and in doing so also set the record for the fastest hundred. Neera reached her century in just 70 balls, beating previous fastest by Rekha Rawal of Baitadi(74 balls).
Neera smacked 4 consecutive fours in the first four balls 49th over bowled by Sunita GC to reach her century. The other two balls recieved the same fate and Neera also became the first player to do show in WOmen’s National Tournament.
Sarita Magar scored 81 of 60 balls(50 of 39 balls) and added unbroken 159 runs for the 5th wicket. Sita Rana Magar(46 of 48) and Binu Budha Magar (45 of 27) were equally helpful in APF’s cause.
Chasing an almost impossible target Pokhara were folded for just 52. Except Captain Aarati Bidari who made 19 noe of the other batters crossed the double digits.
Sonu Khadka started with the wickets early on for APF getting rid of the openers. With number 4 and 5 run out, Binu Budha Magar and Karuna Bhandari got rid of the middle and lower order to give APF the win.
– Neera Rajopadhaya 50 Runs in 39 Balls
– Sarita Magar 50 Runs in 39 Balls
– Neera Rajopadhaya 100 Runs in 70 Balls (48.4 Overs)
– Neera Rajopadhaya hits 6 consecutive 4 in 49th
– 287 Runs is the biggest margin by any team to win the game in women’s National till now
– Neera Rajopadhaya fastest 100, beating previous record of Rekha Rawal of R-6 (Baitadi) in 74
Balls in current National