Kathmandu – Skipper Paras Khadka became the first Nepali Batsman to score 500 runs in Twenty20. He achieved the milestone during Nepal vs Hong Kong match at Chittagong.
Nepal outplayed Hong Kong by 80 runs in the first match of ICC World Twenty20 2014 being held in Bangladesh.
After that Match, Nepal earned many records in T20Is – Cricketing Stats and History. We have gathered few of them.
– Nepal registered the 9th largest run-margin victory against Hong Kong in World T20.
– Sompal Kami is the youngest player to feature in this tournament at 18 years and 42 days.
– Against Hong Kong Paras Khadka became the first player to hit 500 T20 runs for Nepal.
– Nepal has won four of its last five T20 matches.
– Paras Khadka and Gyanendra Malla will become the first players to bat 20 times for Nepal in T20s if they reach the crease in the match against Bangladesh.
– Shakti Gauchan needs three wickets to become the second player after Basant Regmi to take 25 T20 wickets for Nepal.
– Shakti Gauchan claimed 3-9 against Hong Kong to earn the man-of-the-match award, which continued the slow left-armer’s rich vein of form. He now has 22 wickets in 19 T20 matches at an economy rate that would not be out of place in One-Day cricket: 5.4.