Kathmandu – West Indian’s leg break bowler Samuel Badree playing his first match for Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) took first hat-trick of 2017 Edition of Indian Premier League against Mumbai Indians (MI) today at M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore.
Badree was immediately brought in for a spell by Skipper Virat Kohli in the third over of the second innings and he proved right by dismissing Parthiv Patel in his second ball (c Gayle b Badree 3). Next ball, MJ McClenaghan was sent in for pinch hitting role but made a golden duck (c Mandeep Singh b Badree 0) and the opposite captain Rohit Sharma (b Badree 0), became the victim of the hat-trick ball.
Badree, 36, is the second bowler to take a hat-trick for RCB. He also grabbed his fourth wicket in his last over of the spell dismissing N Rana for 11 (c Aravind b Badree 11). He finished with 4/9 in his four overs with one maiden over.
Earlier, RCB managed to score 142/5 in their 20 overs. Virat Kohli was the top scorer for RCB. He scored 67 off 47 balls.
List of Hat-tricks in IPL:
- Amit Mishra, Delhi Daredevils v Chargers, IPL 2008
- L Balaji, Chennai Super Kings v Kings XI, IPL 2008
- Yuvraj Singh, Kings XI v Chargers, IPL 2009
- Yuvraj Singh, Kings XI v Royal Challengers Bangalore, IPL 2009
- Rohit Sharma, Deccan Chargers v Mumbai Indians, IPL 2009
- Praveen Kumar, Royal Challengers v Royals, IPL 2010
- Ajit Chandila, Rajasthan Royals v Pune Warriors, IPL 2012
- Sunil Narine, Kolkata Knight Riders v Kings XI Punjab, IPL 2013
- Amit Mishra, Sunrisers Hyderabad v Pune Warriors, IPL 2013
- Pravin Tambe, Royals v Knight Riders, IPL 2014